1st generation ( Also Known as Infill Grass) artificial grass consisted of filling of sand/silica and rubber bead from recycled tyres to support the grass and keep it straight, but it has huge disadvantages as mentioned below
2nd generation ( Also Known as Non Infill Grass) was invented to overcome the disadvantages of the 1st generation grass. Namgrass deals with this grass system.
Non-infill artificial grass refers to those artificial grass models with short pile height ( Height of grass), narrow gauge (distance between rows) and high stitch rate ( Higher Density). Our non-infill systems have underlay ( Thatch – Curly fibres acting like springs to keep the pile of grass upright) under the grass. Such combination of green pile and yellowish/ brown thatch gives the grass turf a very natural feeling in looks and feel. Eventually the infill grass has to give bigger pile height as 50% of the height of the grass is compensated with infill like sand and rubber, eventually reducing the height of the pile to less than 50%, but sales point of view they can claim very high pile height but unfortunately a lesser density which is much important parameter for residential grass.
Namgrass usher in a new generation of artificial grass. They give the end-user a peerlessly natural feeling and make technically high-quality turf possible in all weather conditions. Unfilled grass pitches have all the advantages of previous generations of grass and score even higher in wear and resilience tests. These top products consist of two types of yarn, straight grass yarns that are supported in a bed of crossed yarns. The absence of rubber infill makes installation, maintenance and recycling easier.
The advantages of an unfilled artificial turf ( 2nd generation by Namgrass ):
1. Peerlessly “natural”
A stiff, straight yarn, embedded in a finely texturised yarn – the second keeps the first straight for years and the wide range of shades ( 4 Shades) of green of the fibres give the grass a peerless natural quality.
2. Outstanding comfort
- Cooler Grass :- The absence of rubber infill means the Lawn heats up much less and also does not retain heat.
- No splash of rubber :- Unfilled pitches have the advantage that during walk there is no splash of rubber.
- No rubber odour
- Minimal maintenance :- Topping up with rubber and sweeping are no longer necessary. The lawn has to be treated with a dragging mat only once a month/ 6 month, depending on how often it is used. Maintenance costs are therefore minimal.
- Ecologically sound :- The absence of rubber filling makes this artificial grass outstandingly environmentally friendly. If the pitch ever has to be replaced, the costs are limited and it can easily be recycled.
Faster & Cheaper installation
Because no rubber has to be added, installation is quicker. If time is a crucial factor, this can be very important to the success of a project.
The dis-advantages of an infill artificial turf with SAND ( 1st generation from Competition):
- Muddy : It gets extremely muddy in rainy condition and also the sand sticks to bare feet while walking and makes home and surrounding muddy.
- Hot: Sand and rubber infill gets extremely hot for the kids to play in Indian weather in summers. Also sand and rubber retain heat for a longer period making it unpleasant in the evening and night time as well.
- Slopes and Swimming pools : install at your own risk.
- Kid : infill extremely dangerous for kid if they put it in their mouth as rubber is recycled tyres
- Cost : Higher installation cost and need yearly top up of the infill.
- Vacuum clean and washing : Vacuum cleaning is impossible and washing very difficult